[ale] Web Servers

Daniel Boyd dboyd at berry.edu
Wed Sep 25 14:48:40 EDT 1996

Hi all,
>   Does anyone have any experience with running Web Servers on Linux?  Can anyone
> make some recommendations?  It will be running on a P5-133, with 32M of RAM and
> a 2G hard drive.  I'll be doing CGI scripts as well as some Java applets.  Is
> software for BSD, like Netscape Fast Track Serever, compatible with Linux?

I will throw in my two centson this one.  We have had great success
running Apache and will be moving to Apache-SSL or Stronghold soon.
No fancy point and click setup for it, but it is an excellent,
robust, httpd server.  My two cents!!

Dan

Daniel Boyd, CNA              Voice: 706/236-1750
Network Manager               Fax: 706/295-2921
Computing and Technology      email: dboyd at berry.edu
Berry College         "Never challenge worse!" - Quag