[ale] cp'ing trees on ftp

charlie charlie at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Sep 17 17:18:23 EDT 1996

hello,

  I'm trying to copy a whole directory tree via ftp, but before I want to
do that I would like to make sure I have enough room so I need to know how
big that tree is.  Does anyone know of a way through ftp that I can do this?

If I can't do it through ftp'ing then if the directory I want is exported
how can I get to it?  I don't have root access on a machine so simply mounting
it is not the solution.  I've checked the ftp machine with showmount and found
that the machine that I'm working off of is mounting the directory, but I don't
know where.

Could uucp work in this case?

thanks
charlie
							        Charles Hubbard
	   		 	          Internet: charlie at felix.cc.gatech.edu
 ". . .the pope talks a lot about sex, of which he knows nothing. . ."
	- Robert Anton Wilson