[ale] install question

William Mahavier wsm at mathcs.emory.edu
Wed Sep 11 19:38:47 EDT 1996

Thanks for the responses to my swap space question.

I have one more. I have one primary partition and 2 logical partitions
on my dos box. All my dos software is on the primary partition. It uses
1 gig of 2.5 gigs. I would like to use about 750 megs for linux.

All the howto's and manuals I have only talk about the situation with
only one primary partition. Is there somewhere to get info about what
to do in my situation?

Do I need to use the msdos fdisk first to alter or delete partitions?

If I want to put linux on one of the logical partitions, do I delete
that msdos logical partition first?

Thanks again

W. S. Mahavier
Emory University