[ale] re: incoming dialouts..

gamyers at atlml1.atlprom.att.com gamyers at atlml1.atlprom.att.com
Thu Sep 5 10:19:15 EDT 1996

I don't know what it is called, but I beleive I know what this term
refers to.  I had talked to my current ISP about the possibility of
having a dedicated IP, which I have and having their machine create
the network connection if someone tried to access my IP.  They, in fact
said they could do this, but it would be relatively expensive.  The idea
was that if I was at work and wanted to telnet to my machine, I could do
it even if my network was down.  Now I don't know if they were blowing
smoke, but I do know that with enough time and money, you can do anything. :)

Geoffrey Myers gamyers at attmail.com