[ale] ISDN and BellSouth

jkerr jkerr at datatransit.com
Wed Sep 4 09:34:00 EDT 1996

It may be more labor intensive to Bell.  The bottom line is that the customer
doesn't care about that.  That's Bell's problem.

Jim

Subject: Re: Re[2]: [ale] ISDN and BellSouth
Author:  SSTIL at DTISMTP (Scott Stillman) {sstil at snt.bellsouth.com} at INTERNET
Date:    9/4/96 8:30 AM

jkerr wrote:

>      I agree.  Why pay $125.00 for ISDN when the cable modems will be
>      available from Media 1 shortly.  You would think Bell would make ISDN
>      attractive now to try and get as much of the market as possible.  Bell
>      needs to decrease rates to increase it's customer base.
>
>      Jim

One of the problems with ISDN from BellSouth's perspective is
that it is very expensive/labor intensive to install. If it were simply
a matter of flipping a bit to turn on the service, it would be much less
expensive.

scott

Scott T. Stillman     email: sstil at snt.bellsouth.com |
BellSouth S&T           Voice:     (404)332-2300          |