[ale] Slirp vs. Term

Stephen R. Wylie swylie at wylie.com
Sun Sep 1 16:59:46 EDT 1996

On Sun, 1 Sep 1996, Justin W. Russell wrote:

> Date: Sun, 01 Sep 1996 01:38:37 -0400
> From: "Justin W. Russell" <gt1345c at prism.gatech.edu>
> To: ale at cc.gatech.edu
> Subject: [ale] Slirp vs. Term
>
> Hello all,
>
> 	I'm presently running Slirp and PPP to run remotely an X-windows
> application on a HP workstation and view it from home under Linux. It's
> awfully slow.  I'm using a 28.8 kbps modem.  Does anyone know if running
> Term or Slirp with SLIP or CSLIP would be faster for this, or is there
> something better>>  All suggestion appreciated.
>

> Justin
>
> "Go Fly a Chopper"

the problem here is the 28.8 connection. I've found ISDN to be bearable. I
doubt there's anything at all you can do to a 28.8 connection to make it
be any faster.

I'd at least get a 64k isdn connection. That would help.

srw
Stephen R. Wylie	swylie at wylie.com
CLICK ME
"They gave me a book of checks.  They didn't ask for any deposits."
     -- Congressman Joe Early (D-Mass)