[ale] Red Hat 4.0 seems to embrace Fvwm95?

Vernard Martin vernard at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Oct 28 18:14:27 EST 1996

> Has anyone bought RedHat 4.0 and tried it out?

I recently upgraded from RedHat 3.0.3 (Picasso) to 4.0 (Colgate) and other
than the automatic LILO installing fail consistently to make a bootable
floppy or hard disk system, I was happy with it. Mind you I was really
really really annoyed that it wouldn't do the lilo stuff. Especially after
the Picasoo distribution worked so well. But I survived so I'm not
complaining too loudly.

As far as the missing FVWM95 home page goes, the server probably got so
many hits that they decided to bring it down for a while. At least that's
my speculation. I figure that FVWM'95 is very popular amongst folks that
are already Win95 buffs but are switching over to a commercial distribution
of Linux.

Vernard Martin, High Performance Parallel Computation and Experimentation Lab
(vernard.martin at cc.gatech.edu) http://www.cc.gatech.edu/people/home/vernard/
College of Computing, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
[Comic Book Collector, Linux Advocate, DramaTechie, Gamer, and Ombudsman]