[ale] Seg Fault with mount

Michael Ivey ivey at gstv.gsu.edu
Mon Oct 21 14:22:53 EDT 1996

I have a spare partition that I haven't been using for a while, and want
to start playing around with news.  So, I decided to put stuff on it.

I tried to mount it, but got a segfault.
So, I re-ran mke2fs on it, which did fine, but it still won't mount.
Ran fdisk, deleted the part, re-did the part, re-ran mke2fs, still no go.

Where should I look next?

Also, can anyone give me a reccomendation on a tape backup drive (ide)?  I
need to do at least 1.6 G (compressed or uncompressed).

require(disclaimer.pl);			#  Michael Ivey, ESA <ivey at gsu.edu>
$i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),		#  Dir. Computer Operations, GSTV
(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10); 		#  http://gstv.gsu.edu/~ivey
print "Key to UNIX:  $i";		#  down, not across