[ale] What popper are you running?

Jon-Michael J. DeBona jdebona at discom.net
Mon Nov 25 15:41:50 EST 1996

Cucipop seems to be the one to go with, but I was just wondering what
poppers people are using, what versions, and have they been tested under
heavy traffic.

Also, Friday, I upgraded from an old version of qpopper to the latest
cucipop.  After help from other people on the list (thanks!), I finally
got it working, but I had to go back to qpopper.  The software we ship
to our dial-up customers would crash with a GPF when it would check for
new messages.  When dialers connect, it just tells them how many
messages they have.  They have to launch Eudora or another client to
actually read their mail.  Any ideas why software would crash when the
pop3 server is checked?  You'd think that hit the server in the same way
a mail reader would.  (I'm a little reluctant to give any more info.
about our software developers at this time.)
Jon-Michael J. DeBona
Technical Support Representative         E-Mail:  jdebona at discom.net
Discovery Communications, Inc.              WWW:  http://www.discom.net/
775 Franklin Rd., Suite 100               Voice:  (770) 425-5700 x102
Marietta, GA 30067                          Fax:  (770) 425-1765
               Discover a Whole New Internet at Discovery
             Bringing People Together Through Communications