XF86 Problem (fwd)

Greg Hankins gregh at cc.gatech.edu
Sun Nov 24 20:04:24 EST 1996

Hi!,

	I am trying to set up XF86  on my machine. I have a Diamond
Speedstar Plus video card with a NEC multisync 3D monitor. I ran the
config program and set it up and did a startx. First it complained about
not being able to find the fonts. I looked on the FontPath declaration
and the paths were right. However, when I looked in the directories in
which the fonts were supposed to be, I found the fonts were all compressed.
Is this how they are supposed to be. Everytime I reboot, the X-Server has
trouble finding the fonts. Its not consistent, if i try a second time,
it sometimes finds it!! I cant understand why? Can someone please help?

	I have another question. I have 1Mb video memory on my machine.
However after I open one xterm, it is not able to open any more windows.
Why is this happening? I run linux on another 486 with a Diamond Stealth
64 DRAM and 1 Mb memory. It runs fine there. Both systems have 8Mb RAM
and 26+Mb swap space. Can someone please help.

Thanks a lot
ajs