[ale] Simple group workarea

Dan Newcombe newcombe at aa.csc.peachnet.edu
Thu Nov 21 14:25:06 EST 1996

> Now when logged in as brad, I can modify a file named test.txt owned by
> web.web. When I save it, however, the ownership and group switch over to
> brad.brad. Naturally, when ryan attempts to edit test.txt, he is denied.

Brad,
  Hate to say it, but this works for me.  I have my files owned by
webhead, in the group infosys.  My account (cerebus) is also in the
infosys group, and the files are 775 permissions.  I am able to edit
the file and save it, with it maintaining the original owner,group, and
permissions...even from a linked directory.

	-Dan

--
Dan Newcombe (newcombe at aa.csc.peachnet.edu)
http://www.csc.peachnet.edu/home/dan/