[ale] Quota setup

Mir Shafiqul Islam mir at oisp.gsu.edu
Tue Nov 19 10:23:59 EST 1996

Hi I am trying to setup quota on my system, and have not been able to do
it even though it looked simple enough. :=(
Here is what I am doing. The fils systems I want to enable quota on are
marked rw,quota I have a quota.user file in the root directory of that
filesystem. But I am not sure if I am manually supposed to add anything in
that file or not. I used edquota to change the quota for the user. But
when I check the users quota it says Disk quotas for user xyz (uid abc):none
I read the man pages but still not sure what I am not doing right. Thanks
for responses.

Mir S Islam
Computer Consultant
Office of International Services and Programs
Georgia State University