[ale] ale.org registration

Peter N. Wan Peter.Wan at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Nov 15 18:10:22 EST 1996

On Nov 15,  5:30pm, Robbie Honerkamp wrote:
} Subject: [ale] ale.org registration
}
} Thanks to everyone who donated money after the meeting to pay
} registration fees for ale.org. I submitted the registration
} to the NIC today:
}
}   Your request NIC-961115.11486 for [NIC-961115.11486] NEW DOMAIN ale.org.
}   could not be automatically processed.
}
}   The request has been queued for manual processing.
}   It will be processed within 5 business days.
}
} Don't you just love `em? :)
}
} Anyhoo, I'll let everyone know as soon as things are up and running!
}
} Robbie
}-- End of excerpt from Robbie Honerkamp

Heh, the terminally curious can do:

% finger NIC-961115.11486 at internic.net
[internic.net]
[ops.internic.net]
Connecting to tracking database....Ok
Welcome to InterNIC Registration Services Tracking System
Your Tracking Number....: 961115.11486
Status..................: Open

Initial Submission......: 15-nov-1996 16:54:06
Following Submission....: 15-nov-1996 16:54:06
InterNIC Response.......:
For additional information, "finger" the following:
  legend at internic.net gives a description of the ticket headers
  paylegend at internic.net gives a description of the payment info headers
  help at internic.net gives a listing of the commands on this finger server
Current InterNIC Registration Status

   To check the status of your request, point your web browser at:
      http://rs.internic.net/cgi-bin/finger
   or from the command line:
      finger NIC-<ticketnumber>@internic.net

Thanks for using the InterNIC Tracking System.
If you have any comments about this system, please send them to
action at internic.net.