[ale] seeking backup system recommendations

Tucker Balch tucker at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Nov 14 18:11:20 EST 1996

Here is what I've been considering.  I'd be interesed in other people's
impressions.

Buy an extra 1.6GB disk for $200-$250 and use a cron job to tar and compress
your /home directories every night.  Everything else is on installation
CDs.  Seems a lot less messy than tapes and cost effective too.

--Tucker

Tucker Balch, PhD Student, CoC Office 123A                        home 874-9129
tucker at cc.gatech.edu, http://www.cc.gatech.edu/grads/b/Tucker.Balch fx 894-9846
Mobile Robot Laboratory, Georgia Institute of Technology         (404) 894-5613