[ale] Re: INFO on the next Atlanta Net Day (fwd)

Geoffrey Myers geof at denali.abraxis.com
Wed Nov 13 13:05:58 EST 1996

# OTHER STUFF DELETED

You know all this stuff really sucks.  People ask for help and then
place all these requirements on those that would like to.  I understand
you don't want people screwing things up, but I would suspect you want
people with common sense, not necessarily CNA's.  I mean, how many CNA's
do they thing there are and will volunteer.  What are you supposed to
do if you don't have the certification, get coffee?  Come on, if they
want the help, there are all kind of folks that can assist.  I would
think a licensed electrician is pretty good at putting holes in the wall
in the right place.  Makes a person say, "why bother."

}>We just need to make it clear that we will be working within the school
}>technology plans and that all technical activities will be overseen by
}>expert (meaning lengthy cabling or networking experience) Georgia NetDay
}>volunteers.
}
}The message went on to mention how in the past, people haven't followed
}directions, and punched holes in wrong places in the walls.
}
}Well, I guess I need to go out and get my CNA certification so I can
}read and follow directions properly, and thus be an "expert".. :)

And punch holes in walls.......

}
}Robbie
}
}--
}Robbie Honerkamp
}robbie at shorty.com, robbie at grumblesmurf.net, robbie at mindspring.com
}http://www.shorty.com/~robbie/
} Supercomputer: Turns CPU-bound problems into I/O-bound problems.
}

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at abraxis.com

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....