[ale] Re: INFO on the next Atlanta Net Day

Andrew Newton lfs at eskimo.com
Tue Nov 12 15:24:36 EST 1996

Steven A. Duchene wrote:

> Curt Smith quoted the following:
> > Only CNA/CNE (certified) or RCDD technical volunteers oversee the
> > cabling and perform the act of "cutting holes in walls."  The
> > activities are approved by the school system technology coordinator
> > and any changes are documented.
>
> What is RCDD? This seems like they are really limiting the number of
> people they will get to volunteer.

Being a software guy, I don't personally care.  But I see your point.
More importantly, I would think the acts of "cutting holes in walls" would
be left to qualified electricians and not CNE's.  Unless it has changed
in the past couple of years, the CNE tests didn't cover much about
cabling.

 Andrew Newton
 Andrew.Newton at automatedlogic.com
 lfs at eskimo.com