[ale] RH 4.0 is a bootable cdrom

Ed June buggz at america.net
Sat Nov 9 08:16:27 EST 1996

Wow, how many others knew the Intel version of the RH 4.0 cdrom was
bootable?
I didn't.
I just got RH 4.0 on Friday, made 2.0.25, re-booted new kernel.
And upon re-boot the machine booted off of the cdrom, incredible.
The User Guide doesn't cover this, that I'm aware of.
Can I install or upgrade this way, instead of floppy boot?
I need to back up my machine before upgrading, I'm currently:

Caldera Network Desktop - release 1.0
Red Hat Linux - release 3.0.3 (Picasso)
Kernel 2.0.25 on a i586

I hope I can upgrade w/o a whole lot of hassles.
Has anyone else doen this from CND 1.0 ?

Oh, on a downward note, the MetroX server doesn't support my card,
a Trident TUGI9440.
Guess I'll continue using the AceelX server from CND.
Oh, when is there gonna be XF86 3.2 rpms, my card is supported
under that release, but not 3.1.x

Ed June

buggz at america.net