[ale] diald hanging startup

charlie charlie at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Nov 8 12:49:38 EST 1996

I'm having a problem that I think someone here can remedy quickly.  Upon
startup the machine "hangs" on something in diald startup in rc.d  The
machine is still responding to me typing etc.  I can reboot by pressing
C-A-Del, but the startup doesn't proceed any further.  Does anyone know
how I can get past this to change the startup file?  Isn't there a combination
of keys that would let me get to runlevel 1 or 2 so I can do maintence?

Also how would I get the output of a diald session from by host that I connect
to?  I'm trying to see what the chatscript is issuing to startup the link?
Any ideas?  I've tried looking in /var/adm/message*, but I can't seem to
find it.

thanks
charlie

							        Charles Hubbard
	   		 	          Internet: charlie at felix.cc.gatech.edu
 ". . .the pope talks a lot about sex, of which he knows nothing. . ."
	- Robert Anton Wilson