[ale] RedHat

Susan Liebeskind shl at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Nov 8 11:08:31 EST 1996

> Please elaborate on the above.  I purchased a new copy of redhat from
> some slick snake-oil sails man (who shall remain nameless ;-), and was
> looking forward to doing the reinstall.  What problems have people been
> having other than the LiLO thing, and redhat liking the win96 fvwm
> stuff?

Let me point out for those who buy the RedHat CD so they can get tech
support for assistance with oddball installations  (such as the
sadder-but-wiser yours truly who owns a laptop that she desperately
wants running Linux) wwill be sorely disappointed.  Turnaround time on
the support queue is 4-5 *business* days.  I filed a problem report
last Friday, and as of this morning, had heard nothing.  Seeing as the
free tech support is 30 days (and I don't think that's business days,
boys and girls), I've spent a quarter of my value added waiting for
someone to respond.  For this kind service, I paid $30? (yes, I know we
have to keep our local salesman in snake oil, but still :-)

I finally sent another note this morning asking for an estimate on just
when my call might be served, and I got a human response back which
said the server with their support calls had crashed, and to resend my
problem report.  So if you did send email to support in the last week,
you would be well advised to resend it.

However....  Slackware, come home!  All is forgiven.

Susan

Susan Liebeskind (shl at cc.gatech.edu)
GTRI/ITTL/CSITD
347 Ferst St
Atlanta, GA  30332-0800				 Phone 404-894-4266