[ale] more memory, bigger swap? (fwd)

Michael David Ivey ivey at gstv.gsu.edu
Tue May 28 12:41:30 EDT 1996

> }    please do one of two things:
> }  1)  read the fucking documentation before dropping your drivel
> }	in everyone's mailbox	OR

> }    the documentation reads...
> }	"If you have a great deal of physical RAM (say, sixteen
> }	megabytes or more), you may not wish to use swap space
> }	at all."	Installing and Running Linux
> }			by Matt Welsh	Sec2.2.3

Documentation?  This isn't part of the documentation for Linux.  It's a
commercial book.  Are we all expected to read EVERY piece of information
written about every aspect?  I know that I have found ALE to be the best
source for info I have found yet....questions that remain unanswered in
FAQs, and also just damn good opinions and advice.  I am glad that my
stupid questions have received decent responses, and in fact, the reason
my machine is up and running is because of the people here on ALE.
Thanks alot, all of you.   And geof....keep asking questions.  Maybe I'll
even be able to answer one some day.

Michael Ivey, Director of Computer Operations   |  ivey at gsu.edu
Georgia State Television                        |  http://gstv.gsu.edu/~ivey

Key to UNIX: