[ale] more memory, bigger swap?

Unix Guru Dude geof at denali.is.net
Mon May 27 22:52:09 EDT 1996

I've always heard that you're swap should be 2x your memory.  This has
never really made sense to me, because I would figure you would need
more swap with less memory, and less swap with more memory.  Well I just
broke down and swapped out a couple of whimpy 4 meg chips with a couple of
16 meg chips.  This pushes me up to 40 meg.  I don't see any sense in
adding more swap, say up to 80 meg?  Someone straighten me out....

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at denali.is.net   Unix.Guru.Dude at worldnet.att.net
	http://www.ticllc.net/~geof  or http://denali.is.net/~geof

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....