[ale] pre2.0.7 sound problems (fwd)

Unix Guru Dude geof at denali.is.net
Mon May 27 22:27:37 EDT 1996

}> }> And finally, my sound doesn't work properly.  If I cat a au file to /dev/audio,
}> }> it will play the first part of it then stop.  Further attempts yield an I/O
}> }> error message.
}> }
}> }Beats me.  I didn't compile with sound, just to make sure I got a working
}> }kernel :)
}>
}> What's wrong with you?  You had all the other answers... :)  Thanks again.
}>
}	Hmm, well I just tried a 700Kb James Bond theme au file on my system and
}	it worked fine with my 1.99.7 (the official version name :-)
}	What kind of sound card do you have and what options did you chose in the
}	config screens?

Rebuilt my kernel and paid more attention to my sound card settings.  I had
set the IRQ inproperly.  Duh....  thanks.  Got my pre2.0.7 kernel up and
cooking now.  ELM X is next.....

}
}--
}Steven A. DuChene   Linux Weenie!  http://www.mindspring.com/~sduchene
}
}		isollae - loneliness in the face of beauty
}		    -- Sean Russell, "World Without End"

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at denali.is.net   Unix.Guru.Dude at worldnet.att.net
	http://www.ticllc.net/~geof  or http://denali.is.net/~geof

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....