[ale] pre2.0.7 problems

Derek S. Ray lorimer at alliance.net
Mon May 27 18:12:55 EDT 1996

Steven A. DuChene mumbled incoherently:

> > On Mon, 27 May 1996, Unix Guru Dude wrote:
> >
> > > }> I also get some wierd messages about flock() as follows:
> > > }>
> > > }I get these too.  Somewhere I read that the old libc's don't have a working
> > > }flock(), but I upgraded the libc stuff and that didn't seem to fix it.  I'm
> > > }trying to track down exactly WHERE the detailed information is, but not
> > > }having a whole lot of luck yet :I  If I find it, I'll toss the info out
> > > }here.
> > >
> > btw, the detailed information is available in linux/Documentation/Changes.
> >
> 	What is much more likely is that while Geoff upgraded his ELF stuff
> 	to libc-5.X he didn't upgrade his a.out libc to the fixed 4.7.6 version.
> 	This is needed to get rid of the last of the broken flock messages.
> 	I got my copy from gatech's sunsite mirror.

Correction!  (grin)  Actually, I upgraded my a.out libc and forgot to
upgrade my ELF flavour.  -sigh-  :)  The 5.X.etc version is ftping in teh
background as I speak, so hopefully soon it will be resolved...

--
   finger for PGP key -*- lorimer at alliance.net -*- Vote Brain/Pinky in '96!
     Key fingerprint =  D1 6E A2 69 CF 60 C6 90  3D 34 BE 05 87 B8 12 C8