[ale] pre2.0.7 problems

Chris Ricker chris at Woodruffn239.residence.GaTech.edu
Mon May 27 16:16:56 EDT 1996

On Mon, 27 May 1996, Unix Guru Dude wrote:

> }> I also get some wierd messages about flock() as follows:
> }>
> }> fcntl_setlk() called by process 47 (lpd) with broken flock() emulation
> }> fcntl_setlk() called by process 49 (lpd) with broken flock() emulation
> }> fcntl_setlk() called by process 50 (lpd) with broken flock() emulation
> }
> }I get these too.  Somewhere I read that the old libc's don't have a working
> }flock(), but I upgraded the libc stuff and that didn't seem to fix it.  I'm
> }trying to track down exactly WHERE the detailed information is, but not
> }having a whole lot of luck yet :I  If I find it, I'll toss the info out
> }here.
>
> Yeah, I read that was supposed to fix it too, and it didn't.  If I figure it
> out, I'll do the same...

If you upgraded libc and it didn't get rid of the flock() messages, then
you still have some old statically linked binaries on your system.  Find
out which commands are giving the error, and upgrade them as well.

later,
chris

btw, the detailed information is available in linux/Documentation/Changes.