[ale] pre2.0.7 problems

Douglas Toddd dwt at atlanta.com
Mon May 27 16:12:30 EDT 1996

Last week, I upgraded to 1.3.99, from 1.2.13 with some difficulty. It
 seemed that I was downloading everything in-oder to get the system
 stable.

In the kernel release, there is a file /usr/src/linux/Documentation/
Changes, which lists all the files needed to get going.

The error you are seeing is because you have not upgraded the libc.so
I'm using libc.so.5.3.18, In order to use it, you will have to upgrade
to the newest version of the loader, ld.so.1.7.14. After upgrading,
Make will break, and a binary version is available.

Unix Guru Dude wrote:

> Well, I'm still having a few problems with my new pre2.0.7 kernel.  I get the
> following messages in dmesg for PPP:
>
> PPP: version 2.2.0 (dynamic channel allocation)
> PPP Dynamic channel allocation code copyright 1995 Caldera, Inc.
> PPP line discipline registered.
>
> But when I try and fire up my network, I get a message saying PPP is not
> available in this system.
>
> I also get some wierd messages about flock() as follows:
>
> fcntl_setlk() called by process 47 (lpd) with broken flock() emulation
> fcntl_setlk() called by process 49 (lpd) with broken flock() emulation
> fcntl_setlk() called by process 50 (lpd) with broken flock() emulation

-- Stuff Delented --