[ale] LINUX-friendly ISP's

Unix Guru Dude geof at denali.is.net
Tue May 21 22:48:13 EDT 1996

}For personal reasons, I am about to change my provider. Do any of you on
}the list have recommendations for LINUX-friendly ISP's in the Atlanta
}area? They don't have to "support" LINUX, they just have to allow it.
}The mass-market ones like AT&T and MCI won't even discuss it.

Wrong...  I currently have access via AT&T from Linux.  I still wouldn't
go that route, because of the limited options.  Like, no web space, no
support for Linux, ISDN.  Some of that is supposed to change, but I wouldn't
expect it to change anytime soon.  AT&T actually has a web page that tells
you how to setup your connection via Linux.  Problem is, the support folks
aren't aware of it.  I had to post a inquiry to one of the worldnet news
groups before I found out how to set it up.  If you are interested in the
AT&T free 5 hours a month or the unlimited access for, I think it's $19
let me know and I can help you configure your linux.

By the way, I AM an employee of AT&T, but I don't get anything out of
suggesting you go that route.  After all, I suggested you NOT go that route
unless their limited options are acceptable to you.

PS.  I have retrieve my mail, accessed news groups and fired up Netscape
over my AT&T Worldnet account.  I don't use it routinely, because I have
a better unlimited deal with my current ISP.  Sorry, they aren't accepting
anymore individual customers...

I would like to know what your reasons for changing are.  I have considered
going the Mindspring route myself.....

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at denali.is.net   Unix.Guru.Dude at worldnet.att.net
	http://www.ticllc.net/~geof  or http://denali.is.net/~geof

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....