[ale] I'm making errors with LILO

No one in particular beetle at glc97.residence.gatech.edu
Mon May 20 22:07:11 EDT 1996

I don't know what your disk configuration is (cyl/hd/sec) but I know
when I installed LILO it was very picky about not being in a
partition which extended past the 1024 cylinder mark.  Making a
separate root partition which ends before the 1024 cylinder mark
should clear that problem up.

If that's not it, the other problem I've had is a disagreement between
LILO and the BIOS about disk geometry.  I had an older BIOS which (to
the best of my knowledge) didn't support LBA.  When I upgraded to a
new board, it was set up to use LBA, which confused LILO.  Run fdisk,
and see if it reports problems like "Partition 1: different physical
and logical endings" or things of that nature.  If that's the case,
it might be confusion between LILO and the BIOS.

Hope this helps.
bye----
wes