[ale] Re: [ale-expo] idea for meetings with AUUG

Unix Guru Dude geof at denali.is.net
Mon May 13 20:40:57 EDT 1996

}I think that AUUG is a good group. That's why I thought it would be good
}for regular ALE attendees to show up at the AUUG meeting during the
}olympics.

I agree.

}
}Most people at the AUUG meetings that I've met have been using Unix for
}a great many years.  I think that everyone at AUUG has heard of Linux.
}They may even be sick of hearing about it.  I don't really know.  I

I used to be a regular at the AUUG meetings a few years back, Linux was
unknown to me at the time.

}think that maybe we should say something during the announcements
}section, but I don't want us to take over the meeting, ...........

Based on my previous experiences we would be out numbered. :)

}....................................................., unless they
}want/need a speaker.  From what I've heard in the past, AUUG speakers
}are booked several months in advance.  (How do they do it?)

They have a wider scope and many of the speakers are from large companies
and unfortunately, I'm sure they feel they are dealing with folks that may
bring them some sales, vs. 'a bunch of Linux hobyists....'

}
}-Eric.

# STUFF DELETED

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at denali.is.net   Unix.Guru.Dude at worldnet.att.net
	http://www.ticllc.net/~geof  or http://denali.is.net/~geof

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....