[ale] DNS problems

Steven A. DuChene sad at sduchene.mindspring.com
Thu May 2 23:18:22 EDT 1996

Dave Kennedy (davek at muscle.net) replied:
> Typically your best bet would be to set your /etc/resolv.conf to your
> provider's DNS server.  You don't even need to bother running named.

	If you take a look at Olaf Kirch's "Linux Network Administrator's
	Guide" page 97 of the O'Reilly edition he specifically says it is
	a good idea to setup a caching only name server on your end of a
	serial line Internet connection so most name server queries only
	have to go over the serial line once per dialup session.

--
Steven A. DuChene       Linux Weenie!    http://www.ysu.edu/~sduchene

		isollae - loneliness in the face of beauty
		    -- Sean Russell, "World Without End"