[ale] remote Xprograms

Christopher Fowler cfowler at www.topform.com
Wed Mar 27 19:04:42 EST 1996

I'm running SCO's Xteddy on my X Session in Linux.

I do the following.

rsh tfacct /cdrom/bin/X11/xteddy -display pentium:0.0

I get the error can not connect to X server.

When I telnet into the machine from an xterm and run it on the
command line, it works great.  Am I doing something wrong.  The
reason I wan't to do this is so I can run an OpenDesktop Binary on
Linux everytime I start up X.  I need a line to put in ~/.xinitrc .

Thanks,
Christopher Fowler

To contact me:  cfowler at www.topform.com
Computer Software, INC. * 303 Research Drive * Norcross, GA 30092
Phone: (770) 448-1484 * FAX: (770) 448-3949
http://www.topform.com * http://www.topform.com/~cfowler