[ale] Automounter for linux

Chris Ricker chris at woodruffn239.residence.gatech.edu
Tue Mar 26 15:12:15 EST 1996

On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Lou wrote:

> I have searched and searched but come up empty. Does anyone have any info? TIA

Sure.  If you're running Red Hat or its derivatives, they come with an
automounter package you can install with rpm (look on your cd or
ftp.redhat.com or one of its mirrors for amd-whatever-i386.rpm).

If you're running another distribution, there are patches against the 4.4
BSD automounter to make it compile under linux in
ftp://ftp.cc.gatech.edu/pub/Linux/system/Network/daemons/amd-upl102.patch.gz

Look in ftp://ftp.cs.columbia.edu/pub/amd for all the automounter source you
could want ;-).

Have fun,
chris