[ale] Chip upgrades and making them work

Unix Guru Dude geof at denali.is.net
Mon Mar 25 18:03:09 EST 1996

}"Dan Newcombe" <newcombe at aa.csc.peachnet.edu> writes:
}\ You would DEFINITELY need to buy a new motherboard.  this is like
}trying  \ to fit a V12 in a Ford Escort!!!  you can get a board for the

You mean it would be real ugly but really scream...?????

}486DX2/66  \ for under $100.  I would not go PCI with a 486, unless you
}wanna get  \ some PCI cards, and in the future move to a PCI/Pentium
}motherboard.   \ The nice thing about VLB is you can put old ISA cards
}in it...not so  \ with PCI.
}It's true that you can put an ISA board in a VESA slot, and not in a
}PCI slot.  However, most of the PCI motherboards I've seen have ISA
}slots, too, so you don't have to get all new boards.
}
}--
}Mark J. Reed
}Email: mark.reed at sware.com - Voice: +1 404 315 6296 x158 - Fax: +1 404 315 6407
}Hewlett-Packard Co. / 2957 Clairmont Rd Suite 220 / Atlanta GA 30329-1647
}E-Mail Privacy by SecureMail.  Visit URL:http://www.secureware.com/ for details.
}
}

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at denali.is.net   eiger at ichange.com   gamyers at attmail.com

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....