[ale] why bash when ksh is default?

Unix Guru Dude geof at denali.is.net
Mon Mar 18 07:26:11 EST 1996

}I may be mistaken, but I think that scripts get run by /bin/sh, unless it
}has a shbang.  This is unrelated to your login shell (/etc/passwd), and
}is tied into the way the kernel handles scripts.
}
}Again, I may be wrong.

I would have expected that the SHELL variable would have been used to
run shells.  Apparently this is not the case.  Anyone else concur?

}
}
}Michael Ivey, Linux System Administration    	| Send mail with Subject:
}ivey at gsu.edu  http://gstv.gsu.edu/~ivey  	| GET LIST for my pgp block,
}    Perl is the pathway to Insanity             | geek code block, etc.
}
}Key to UNIX:
}perl -e 'print $i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at denali.is.net   eiger at ichange.com   gamyers at attmail.com

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....