[ale] I want more hardware...

Unix Guru Dude geof at denali.is.net
Sun Mar 17 16:46:14 EST 1996

}On Sun, 17 Mar 1996, Unix Guru Dude wrote:
}
}> I'm also wondering whether it is possible to add another floppy drive
}> controller so I could have, say a 3.5, 5.25 and my QIC40 tape drive?  I'm
}
}don't know if this would work, but you might want to look into those
}combo floppy drives, they contain a 3.5 and a 5.25 in one drive bay and I
}am pretty sure they use just one cable.  So long ad they don't require
}any special drivers to work, it ought to do the trick.  If they do
}require special drivers, you'll have to scout around and and see if any
}one has written one for Linux yet or write it yourself
}Todd

Yeah, thought about that.  I'm looking at the cheap route.  I've got all
the hardware except the 2nd floppy drive controller.  The best price I've
seen on the dual floppy drives is around $100.  I wanted to find out if
the other approach would work and then price the 2nd controller.  Now that
I think about it, I probably already have that in my stash o' parts.  I
might just try it out and see what happens...

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at denali.is.net   eiger at ichange.com   gamyers at attmail.com

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....