[ale] #9 Card and Sony Monitor Problem

Charles W. Binko cwb at user-168-121-24-81.dialup.mindspring.com
Thu Mar 7 01:41:27 EST 1996

->
->         Is your friend using the 3.1.1 XFree86 S3 Xserver or the 3.1.2
->         version? I seem to remember a problem like this with the earlier
-> 	one that may have been fixed by the later one. I may be mistaken
-> 	however. Your probably correct in looking at the mode lines but
-> 	it is kinda curious that the same problem occurs with more than
-> 	one mode line (at least this is what I am comprehending from your
-> 	letter).

He is using the 3.1.2 S3 server that came w/Slackware 3.0 (kernel 1.2.13 ELF).
I hava thought about looking to see if there is an interim release of the S3
server, but haven't yet.

I did however find out that it does NOT work properly on my other friend's
machine!  He has the same problem with his 15" CTX, so now, I think it must be
something strange with that board... has anyone gotten a 771 to work properly?

Thanks
Bill

Charles W. Binko			         All Statements are
cwb at mindspring.com				 My own.
cwb at indcomp.com