[ale] #9 Card and Sony Monitor Problem

Charles W. Binko cwb at user-168-121-24-81.dialup.mindspring.com
Wed Mar 6 00:01:31 EST 1996

Hi all!

Sorry my first post to this group had to be a question (I had the
answer to the /etc/issue one!  (ooh ooh, Mr Kotta! Mr Kotta!), but oh,
well :)

As the local Linux Evangelical at work ( I now have 5 converts!) I'm
posting this for a friend.

He has a Number Nine FX Motion 771 video board (the new one) and a
Sony Multiscan 17sf monitor.  He used the stock entry in the Card
Database for his card, and modified the Sony 15sf file (which was
there -- his wasn't) with the specs from his monitor manual.

What he got was all of the modes working, except for that (in all
modes) there was a 5(?) pixel line down the left that was actually the
last 5 pixels that should have been on the right.

Does anyone know how to correct this problem?

Perhaps someone with his monitor can send me the correct specs.
(another friend w/ the #9 card has no problems w/ the same config
file, so I suspect the monitor specs).

Thanks in advance, and I hope I can be helpful myself next time

Bill