[ale] signal 11

Eric eric at compgen.com
Mon Jun 24 07:33:40 EDT 1996

Here's an interesting page on that subject.

 http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/

(I looked at it last week and it won't come up now.)

The main thing they suggest is a hardware problem.  They suggest
resetting the BIOS to its defaults first (or choosing the most
conservative settings)  If you are overclocking the
CPU -  don't.  I've seen this sort of thing (IOT traps, etc) as a sign
of bad RAM chips.  If you restart you compile and it keeps working, its
almost certain you have  some sort of hardware problem.

-Eric.