[ale] Unstable Unstable Un%@#&stable

Joe jknapka at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 19 23:23:36 EDT 1996

>I currently have 24 MB ram and 60 MB swap partition. Netsrape is the only
>thing I am running when this happens. KernELF 1.2.13, I did double check, and my
>swap is enabled. running 1280x1024x256 (8bpp). But it still does it.
>Question, how much memory do I need to run NetsRape in X?

I have the same kernel, 16M RAM, 32M swap, and have never had this
problem with Netscape. I am running at 1024x768, though. I frequently
run Netscape, Maelstrom, several xterms w/rlogins, and a couple of
emacses all at the same time, and I've never run out of memory.

This isn't very helpful, I guess, but the point is, you certainly have
enough memory.

-- Joe