[ale] SB Ide

George Nies gnies at Lanier.COM
Wed Jun 19 09:30:16 EDT 1996

> Will the ide card that comes with the SoundBlaster 4x IDE CD-ROM work
> under Linux.  Does anybody know the address taht it is set to ?
>
> Thanks,
> Christopher Fowler

I have a SB 16 IDE that I bought a few months ago, through jumpers it can
be set to ide0, ide1, ide2, or ide3.  In my setup, I only have a standard
ide card (only one channel) so I set it for ide1.  It works fine with
both my ide CDROM, and with ide hard drives (This is a great trick to hide
ide harddrives from messydos). I'm not sure if the kernel (even the new ones)
will recognize ide2 and ide3.  Assuming you have only one ide channel currently,
and the card in that SB kit is similar to what I have, there should be no
problem.  Just jumper it to be the second ide card according to the instructions

	-George