[ale] Re:

Martin B. Brilliant marty at mars.superlink.net
Sat Jun 8 23:01:09 EDT 1996

nomad: On  8 Jun 96 at 17:59, you wrote:

> Randy Spain wrote:
> >
> > I have just installed InfoMagic slackware ver# 2.5 April 1996. I am having a
> > few problems.
> >         I can't get the man pages to work.
> >         I loaded the x-windows, but the display is bigger than my screen, is
> > there a way to fix this?
> >
> > Any help is appreciated!
>
>   Don't know about the man pages.
Nor do I - maybe a little more detail would help define the problem.

>   As per the X, look in your /etc/XF86Config for the word virtual.
>   You have configured your screen for a virtual resolution bigger than
>   you really have....

Please don't tell the poor newbie he did it himself. I just installed
Linux from a Slackware 3.0 I got by ftp, and I didn't do anything to
configure the virtual screen size, and I too got a display bigger
than my screen. Hitting CTRL-ALT-PLUS or CTRL-ALT-MINUS changes the
screen resolution, but even at 1024x768 the virtual screen is still
bigger than the real one. I will look for configuration, but please don't
imply it's my fault.

                                                Marty
Martin B. Brilliant at home in Holmdel, NJ