[ale] kernel error message help

Joe DeVille jwdstu at westga.edu
Tue Jun 4 23:42:26 EDT 1996

I just upgraded to kernel version 1.3.100 and now I get the following
message periodically (well, frequently):

fcntl_setlk() called by process XX with broken flock() emulation

where XX is some PID.

What does this mean, and how can I fix it??  I haven't determined that it
really causes any problems, but I haven't had time to check everything out yet.

Thanks in advance!
Joe DeVille, KC4IWE            Primary address:  jwdstu at westga.edu
West Georgia College         Secondary address:  bm160 at freenet.carleton.ca
Carrollton, GA USA      Memberships/Affiliations: American Radio Relay League
		           Amateur Radio Emergency Service, Red Cross
			     Disaster Services, Atlanta Olympic Band
	           Amateur Packet Radio:  KC4IWE @ KA4YQI.#WGA.GA.USA.NA
------------ HOME PAGE: http://www.westga.edu/~jwdstu/index.html -------------