[ale] dell dimension laptop

Steven A. DuChene sduchene at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 28 18:58:42 EDT 1996

Michael Ivey wrote:
> I'm thinking about buying one (i think i can get a used one from Dell for
> about $500), so i borrowed a friend's to try it out on.  when i booted
> from the slackware 3.0 floppies, it messed up the terminal so that it was
> next to impossible to read.  it was like it was wrapping around funny, or
> something.  has anyone gotten it to work?  i'm sure i'm just missing
> something small.  thanks.

You have looked at the various Linux on laptops HOWTO's and web pages
for this info haven't you? Perhaps there is some trick to getting the
kernel to initialize the console in a particular video mode.

--
Steven A. DuChene   Linux Weenie!  http://www.mindspring.com/~sduchene

The church is near but the road is icy; the bar is far away but I will
walk carefully.
                -- Russian Proverb