[ale] graphics

Christopher Fowler cfowler at www.topform.com
Wed Jul 24 09:49:41 EDT 1996

Lately I've been trying to move our linux boxes into a productive
environment.  Without some features it is no good.  I was able to move the
terminfo database for linux over to AIX and SCO.   Now I can telnet into
AIX and SCO machines and run businees critical applications that uses
F# keys, arrow keys, and special keys.  Now I've just need to be able to display
blocks and lines as in the normal ascii character set.  Then we can
sell these Linux boxes to companies that are willing to pay money for
solutions that are almost perfect.  Linux has proven to be a badass in an
office environment.  It has shown to be a 'worker bee'. I've yet to seen
linux prove to me it can be a 'queen bee' . Maybe soon.  For the longest time
I had a linux box and and ibm3151 terminal on my desk.  The linux box was
connected into the network and the terminal by a serial port. Why did I need
a terminal ? My function keys and other keys did not work and graphics were
sorry.

Thanks,
Christopher Fowler
To contact me:  cfowler at www.topform.com
Computer Software, INC. * 303 Research Drive * Norcross, GA 30092
Phone: (770) 448-1484 * FAX: (770) 448-3949
http://www.topform.com * http://www.topform.com/~cfowler