[ale] erase = ^?

Christopher Fowler cfowler at www.topform.com
Tue Jul 23 21:30:06 EDT 1996

I know the default erase is ^?.  Is there a way I can change this so that the
erase is ^H.  I want to be able to telnet in AIX systems and SCO systems and
use my backspace key.  I know that on the AIX I can do stty erase '^?', but
on SCO I cannot.  Is there a way to change this so that is is always ^H and
not ^H and when I type the backspace key the keyboard emulates a ^H?

Thanks,
Christopher Fowler
To contact me:  cfowler at www.topform.com
Computer Software, INC. * 303 Research Drive * Norcross, GA 30092
Phone: (770) 448-1484 * FAX: (770) 448-3949
http://www.topform.com * http://www.topform.com/~cfowler