[ale] Re: [ale-expo] Fall ALE Expo Call for Help!

James W. Lynch jwl at atlanta.cray.com
Mon Jul 22 14:29:52 EDT 1996

---------  Received message begins Here  ---------

> Now we need help!
>
> We are looking for Team leaders and members in the following areas:
> Publicity and Seminars  - These are areas that require immediate action
> Demo areas like:  Games, Unix, Scientific computing, Applications, etc.

Since I now work for SGI.  They bought us, in case you missed it.
I'll *try* to get a copy of Linux for the Indy that they are currently
working on and borrow a machine for the expo.  This isn't a commitment
since I really don't know any of my SGI counterparts yet and don't
know if that is really possible, if Linux will be operational by then
or any number of other gotchas, but I'll try.  If anyone can suggest
any really great graphics demos that run on Linux, I'd like to try to
show off the graphics capabilities.  I saw some very awesome stuff
in Mountain View last week.  Maybe someone at SGI will have something too.
It would be nice if we had an Alpha too, if anyone can arrange it.

I understand they have Linux working in single user mode on the SGI
platform as of a couple of weeks ago.

Jim.
Jim Lynch, Sales Analyst,  SGI/Cray Research, Inc. / ARS: K4GVO
Southeast District, Phone: (770) 631-2254, Email: jwl at cray.com
Suite 270, 200 Westpark Drive, Peachtree City, GA 30269