[ale] Linux compile taking *REALLY* long

Dan Newcombe newcombe at aa.csc.peachnet.edu
Wed Jul 17 10:17:30 EDT 1996

How much memory do you have???  On my 386/33(DX) w/8M with the 1.3.81 kernel
(probably about the same size) it took at least 2 hours.  Gee....I
remember when the kernel was so small it took <30 minutes on that
machine!!!

However, your's sounds like it is going TOO slow.  Also, the step you
listed (I think) is one of the first steps. (I think the kernel
subdirectory is one of the first it hits.)

--
Dan Newcombe - Clayton State College - User Services - 770-961-3421
newcombe at aa.csc.peachnet.edu  http://www.csc.peachnet.edu/home/dan/