[ale] linux libraries question

Alfred Leach aleach at cisco.com
Fri Jul 12 14:38:13 EDT 1996

I'm in the middle of a RedHat (Picasso) installation, and I'm trying to
compile a fairly simple C program to diagnose my NE2000-compatible
network card.  The problem I've discovered is that there is no
/usr/include/linux directory, and lots of the standard libraries include
linux-specific libraries from this directory (like stdio.h and errno.h).
Any ideas why this wasn't installed along with everything else?  Is there
an easy way to get these libraries without jeapardizing the other parts
of the system which now work?

Also, in configuring my network card (a MaxTech NX-16BT), I've found that
there are no rc.inet files anywhere in the filesystem.  Is this
indicative of a failed software installation or does RedHat use some
other file name to record ethernet card hardware and addressing
information?  I'm in the process of RingTFMs right now, but I figured I'd
ask since I'm sending mail anyway...

TIA

- Al

     |      |                    Al Leach, Summer Intern
    |||    |||                   Research Triangle Park, NC
  .|||||..|||||.                 desk:  (919)472-2281
cisco Systems, Inc.              email: aleach at cisco.com