[ale] Red Hat installation question answered and a new bus mouse question

Bryan E. Rank bryan at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Jul 12 09:45:15 EDT 1996

Hi,
I had a similar problem.  RedHat install (the X portion) wanted to use
/dev/stty1 or something along those lines I can't remember exactly.  At
any rate I had to rm the symlink that was /dev/mouse because it pointed
to /dev/stty1 and make a new one to /dev/cau1 for it to see my mouse
correctly.  I don't have a busmouse now, and what I have described above
is for the serial port, but I think that the problems may be similar.
What does...
ls -l /dev | grep mouse
give you?

Bryan

PS.  I like it when you leave the original message "under" what
the new correspondence is, that way you have the whole thing in
a shot if you are just following along.

or other for my mouse>