[ale] Suggestions.

Michael David Ivey ivey at gstv.gsu.edu
Mon Jul 8 20:32:51 EDT 1996

Ok, here's the situation:  (my paretns went away on a weeks vacation)

I have my main Linux box, which is networked and connected to a printer.

I have three other Linux boxes that will also be networked.  I'd really
like them to act as X-Terminals, because they all have small HD's, but 8
meg of memory.

I have two POS Macs that I'd love to have act as character terminals, if
it's cheap to do.

I have two windows boxes (40 M drives, 8 M ram), networked, that could run
3.1, 3.11, 95 or NT, depending on what I want to do to them.  They need to be
able to print to the printer on the Linux box.

So, there are my three questions:

1>  What's the best way to get X on the other three Linux machines?
2>  How do I make the macs become terminals?
3>  How do the windows pc's print to the main machine?

Thanks bunches.

Michael Ivey, Director of Computer Operations   |  ivey at gsu.edu
Georgia State Television                        |  http://gstv.gsu.edu/~ivey

        "I say, kill -9 them all, and let init sort them out"

Key to UNIX: