update to mimetype and mailcap

MYERS gmyers at ufpsprod.attmail.com
Tue Jan 23 13:31:08 EST 1996

Sorry for 'one man thread' but I keep playing with this thing.  I've finally
found a solution that works, although I don't quite understand why.  I changed
my mailcap entries to:

image/gif; xv %s
image/jpg; xv %s
image/jpe; xv %s
image/jpeg; xv %s

This works.  What I don't understand is the jpeg file I'm loading is *.jpg,
yet it didn't work with just the 'image/jpg' entry.  Either the browser or
xv is doing some kind of translation.  Anyway, I still would like to know if
anyone knows why the mailcap/mime.type combination does not work.  I am going
to try the above approach at home on Linux, hoping it will resolve my problem
there.

       Until later,       attmail!gamyers      ph  404.810.3250
       Geoffrey Myers                          fax 404.810.2487

       floc 6E26, 1200 Peachtree, Promenade II, Atlanta, GA 30309

      gamyers at attmail.com   geof at denali.is.net   eiger at ichange.com